Many couples dream of having a lavish wedding that is fit for a Hollywood movie star, but few realize that such a dream can be accomplished in just six months or less. While it may seem like an impossible task, it can be done with careful planning and organization. Here are some tips on how to make your dream wedding a reality in just a few short months.
1. Start by creating a wedding budget
When planning a wedding in such a short amount of time, it is important to create a realistic budget and stick to it. Sit down with your fiance and come up with a budget that includes everything from the cost of the wedding dress to the price of the cake. It is important, to be honest with yourselves about what you can afford and what you need to cut back on.
According to Knot the average wedding cost in the US in 2021 is $28,000. The venue is definitely the most expensive part of the budget, couples usually spend 40% to 50% of the budget on the venue. And the next largest expenses are rings, photographers and food.
If you are on a small budget, here are 25 amazing ideas and tips to save money on your big day.
Wedding Table Decoration [photo: Photos by Lanty]
2. Choose a date and location for the wedding
When planning a wedding in such a short time frame, it is important to choose a date and location that is feasible. It may be helpful to consider venues that are available on short notice, or locations that are close to home. Once you have chosen a date and location, be sure to book it as soon as possible, as spaces tend to fill up quickly.
Traditionally, May and June are top months to get married, but in 2022 many couples in US opt for October. And in 2022, especially for this date, 22.10.2022. According to the Knot, around 90,000 couples will say ''I Do'' on this date in 2022.
Wedding Venue [photo: Keenan Barber]
3. Find a wedding planner (or take on the task yourself)
If you're feeling overwhelmed at the thought of planning your own wedding, or just don't have the time, consider hiring a wedding planner. A good planner will be a huge help in keeping you organized and on track, and can often save you money by knowing which vendors to use and which deals to take advantage of. If you decide to go this route, start interviewing planners as soon as possible so you can find the perfect fit for you.
Depending on the required services, responsibilities, and size of the wedding, the wedding planner's cost ranges from $1700 to $4000.
Wedding Sign [photo: micheile dot com ]
4. Select your wedding party
Choosing your wedding party can be a fun but tricky task. You want to make sure you select friends and family who will support you during the planning process and be there for you on your big day. When making your selections, try to choose people who live close by so they can be easily available for fittings, showers, and other events.
Wedding Guests [photo: Samantha Gades]
5. Create a guest list
A guest list is an important part of planning a wedding. It helps you determine how many people you need to invite, what type of venue you need, and how much food and drink you will need. Creating a guest list can be a daunting task, but there are a few ways to make it easier.
One way to create a guest list is to start with your immediate family and close friends. From there, you can expand to other family members and friends. Another way to create a guest list is to use a wedding planning website or app. These websites and apps often have tools that allow you to create a guest list and track RSVPs.
Once you have created your guest list, you can begin planning the rest of your wedding, the venue, catering, music, and more.
Wedding Party [photo: Leonardo Miranda]
6. Choose your wedding dress and attire for your bridal party
Choosing your wedding dress is one of the most important decisions you will make during the planning process. There are so many styles and options to choose from, so it can be difficult to know where to start. Here are a few tips to help make the process a little bit easier:
- Start by thinking about what style of dress you want. Do you want something simple or more elaborate? Consider your wedding theme and the overall feel of your big day when making your decision.
- Once you have an idea of the style you want, begin shopping around. Check out bridal boutiques and department stores to get an idea of what is available.
- Don’t forget to take your budget into consideration. Wedding dresses can be quite expensive, so be sure to set aside enough money to cover the cost.
- Once you find a dress you love, be sure to get it altered to fit your body perfectly. This is an important step that should not be overlooked.
- Finally, don’t forget to accessorize! Your wedding dress should be complemented with the perfect shoes, veil, and jewelry. This will help you pull your whole look together and make you feel like a true princess on your big day.
Beautiful Bride in Lace Wedding Dress [photo: Nyana Stoica]
After you have chosen your dress, it is time to start thinking about the attire for your bridal party. This can be one of the more challenging aspects of wedding planning, as you need to take into consideration the different styles, colors, and sizes of your bridesmaids. Here are a few tips to help make the process a little easier:
- Start by deciding on a color scheme for your bridal party. You will want to choose colors that compliment your wedding dress and the overall theme of your big day.
- Once you have a color scheme in mind, start shopping for dresses. Again, take into consideration the different styles, sizes, and budgets of your bridesmaids when making your selections.
- Be sure to have each dress altered to fit each bridesmaid perfectly. This will ensure that everyone looks their best on your big day.
- Don’t forget about accessories! Your bridesmaids will need shoes, jewelry, and other accessories to complete their look.
- Finally, be sure to send out thank you cards to your bridal party after the wedding. This is a great way to show your appreciation for all their help during the planning process.
These are just a few tips to help you choose your wedding dress and bridal party attire. Be sure to take your time and make decisions that you feel comfortable with. After all, this is your big day and you want everything to be perfect!
Bridesmaid in blue dresses [photo: Jamie Coupaud]
7. Book your photographer and videographer
When it comes to booking your photographer and videographer, it is important to do so as early as possible. This is because they tend to book up quickly, especially during the summer months. By booking them early, you can ensure that you get the date and time that you want.
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing your photographer and videographer. First, you will need to decide what style of photography or videography you would like. There are many different styles to choose from, so it is important to do some research beforehand.
Once you have an idea of the style of photography or videography you would like, you will need to find a reputable photographer or videographer who offers that style. You can ask friends or family for recommendations, or you can search online.
Typically the price of a wedding photographer in the US ranges from $1000 to $3500. Some are even higher to $10,000. It's a big part of your budget, almost 10-15%.
When meeting with potential photographers or videographers, be sure to ask to see examples of their work. This will give you a good idea of their style and quality. Once you have found a photographer or videographer you like, be sure to book them as soon as possible.
Wedding Photographer [photo: Getúlio Moraes]
8. Order your wedding cake
When it comes to ordering your wedding cake, you'll want to do it sooner rather than later. Most bakeries require at least a month's notice, so be sure to order your cake well in advance (about six months before your big day). There are many flavors and styles to choose from, so take your time and pick out the perfect cake for your big day.
According to Martha Stewart's website, the most popular wedding cake flavors are vanilla, chocolate, funfetti, lemon, and almond.
4-Layered Wedding Cake with Roses [photo: Jason Leung]
9. Send out your wedding invitations
If you want to have a well-planned wedding in just six months, you'll need to start sending out your invitations about four months in advance. This will give your guests enough time to make travel arrangements and save the date.
When selecting your invitations, be sure to choose something that reflects your personality as a couple. If you're planning a more traditional wedding, classic invitations will do the trick. For a more modern affair, opt for something with a unique design or interesting colour scheme.
If you are creative, you can make the wedding invitations yourself. Here are some amazing ideas to get inspired.
Wedding Invitations [photo: Ricardo Moura]
10. Enjoy your special day!
With careful planning and organization, it is possible to plan a beautiful and memorable wedding in just six months or less.
Planning a wedding can be a daunting task, but by following these tips you can make the process a little bit easier. Start by creating a budget and choosing a date and location for your wedding. Then, find a reputable wedding planner to help you with the rest of the planning process. By taking these steps, you will be well on your way to planning the perfect wedding in no time!